I wanted to see how the wheels would look with the front end
back on, but were still waiting for a few pieces to get back from
the chromer's, to assemble the front suspension. Without the
suspension on and loaded down, we can only guess at the ride
height. Since this suspension is totally adjustable for ride
stiffness and height, we have to assemble it.
We decided to make one other change to the hood. Since we
raised the hood scoop up from the original height, there was a V
shape in the fiberglass that would look out of place. We cut it out
and put on a straight  layer across the back
Paul's now starting on the rear valance below the tail
lights. He's starting with 3 pieces of aluminum that will
eventually be welded together. The center piece that is
just below the license plate, and the two sides that will
have the tail light extensions.
We finally have the front suspension back on and hopefully by this
weekend we'll put the front end on along with the new rims and
tires. We'll probably put a couple hundred pounds on top of the
engine just to get it down to its normal ride height
While waiting for body work to get done, I look for certain things I can prep or polish in my
spare time. I'm now going to start on the valve covers.  Each valve cover originated as a
solid block of aluminum. I found this pair at  
Black Mountain Precision   Ron Bibb the owner
originally made two pairs of these covers, one for his 66 Chevelle and the other for a friend.
The friend never did use them so thats where I was lucky to acquire them. Each block was
milled out on one of his CNC machines,as good as they came out ,they were still left with alot
of machine lines to sand out.
The valve covers have had there sharp edges smoothened
out and a channel has been milled in the side that will hold
the injector wires. A cover will be made to hide them, so it
will seem that the injector wires are coming out the side of
the cover's We also installed a flush mount oil cap that is slightly
vented but we'll also install a couple of PCV fittings later
Ive now started on the sanding using an
80 grit paper to start. Ive worked on to
about a 120 grit that is actually a course
emery paper. I figure I'll have about 5
hours into each cover before polishing
There now sanded to 220
Now 320,  Not much visual change
Now 400 still not much of a change
8/01/07
lot of blemishes, but I might try and polish them to see how
they look. I can always go back and start over again.